Collection of Information
- In using www.homeandkitchen.co.nz/ (the site) you authorise us to collect, retain, and use your personal information for the purposes of:
- Creating an online account for you;
- Undertaking any dealings or transactions with you;
- Processing and delivery of your order(s);
- Sending you any advertising or promotional material;
- To respond to your queries; and
- Any other reasons which we may notify you about at the time the information is collected
- To access your personal information, log in to your registered account or contact us.
What personal information
- So that we can provide services to you, we may ask you for personal details such as your name, address, telephone number or email address. Some examples of where we may need these details are home deliveries, promotions, and receiving marketing newsletters from us.
Right to refuse an application
- If sufficient personal information is not supplied or is not satisfactory to us, then we reserve the right to refuse to accept the person’s application to register to use the For Home and Kitchen site.
Information retained by Home and Kitchen
- Any personal information you supply is transferred to our ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software and may be retained by us until such time as you request that the information is removed or until such a time we purge old inactive accounts and transactions.
- We will ensure that security software protects this information.
- Any personal information supplied by you and retained by us may be disclosed to other persons engaged by us for or in relation to the purposes listed in paragraph 1 above, including but not limited to:
- Our employees;
- Where disclosure is in connection with one of the purposes for which the information was collected;
- Research and/or marketing firms;
- Credit referral agencies;
- Business advisors;
- Where we are required or authorised by law to make the disclosure; and
- We may disclose aggregated shopper statistics to any party, provided that these statistics do not contain any information about identifiable customers and their individual shopping habits.
- Except as provided above, we will not share your personal information with any other third parties.
Storage of personal information
- We have taken a number of steps to ensure that your information is well protected. Home and Kitchen is running the latest Ubuntu software which has regular security updates. However, it is important that you remember to never share your login details with any other person.
- While we endeavour to keep your personal information collected secure and confidential, we shall not be responsible for any breach of security caused by third parties, nor do we represent that the site is completely secure.
Your rights to access
- You have the right under the Act to obtain confirmation as to whether or not we hold any personal information about you, to access and request to update and/or correct your personal information held by us. You agree to pay us the reasonable charges requested by us in relation to time and attendance involved in complying with your request in this regard.
- Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst For Home and Kitchen strives to protect such information, we do not warrant and cannot ensure complete security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk. Nevertheless, once we receive your transmission, we will take all reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information.
- Home and Kitchen may combine any information which it collects from you with information collected by its related companies.
Failure to Comply